This article will teach you how to develop a first application with JTheque Core.
We will develop a basic modular application, like an hello world. This little program will be composed of :
- A JTheque application
- A JTheque module who display an Hello World on the main view
- A module who will add an option menu to display one more time “Hello World”
2. JTheque environment
The first thing to do before starting develop our application and our modules is to download the “development environment” of JTheque Core. A JTheque application needs some files and librairies to work.
You can download an archive containing all necessary files on the website of the projects. Then you must choose the dev-base-XXX.zip file where XXX is the version number. In our case, we need the dev-base-2.0.3.zip file.
When you’ve downloaded the file, unzip it. Here is the content of the folder :
- core : Contains JTheque Core, the configuration and the application
- lib : Contains all the librairies
- modules : Contains all the modules
- JTheque-Launcher.jar : The launcher of the application. You must execute this file to launch your application.
We only have two things to change in this folder. First, we have to add our application (application.xml) and its resources in the core folder. Then, we have to add our modules in the “modules” folder and declare it in the JTheque configuration.